What We Do
The Coastal States Organization represents the nation’s coastal states and territories on coastal management issues, working to:
- Help states and territories maintain their leadership role in the development and implementation of national coastal and ocean policy.
- Provide information, updates, and alerts that keep states attuned to developments in Washington, D.C.
- Conduct outreach and education with Congress and the Administration.
- Maintain a national coastal and ocean management community of practice.
- Utilize Work Groups to implement specific initiatives or address topic areas that are of importance to the membership.